IAEM 2018 Awards Competition
IAEM News Release | 2018 IAEM Awards Competitions and Categories
IAEM-USA National Security Award Winners (named by USA Board; not part of IAEM Awards Competition)
2018 Award Winners: Global Awards | USA Awards
Winning Entries from Previous Competitions: 2017 | 2016 | 2015
The purpose of the IAEM Awards Competition is to recognize and honor persons who have made special or significant contributions to the field of emergency management and have represented the profession well by their outstanding performance.
2018 IAEM Awards Competition Winners
Listed below are the winners of the competitions and categories that were offered in the 2018 IAEM Awards Competitions. Awards will be presented at the IAEM 2018 IAEM Annual Conference, Oct. 19-24, 2018, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Global Awards Competition
- IAEM-USA Partners in Preparedness Award: The SABER Program. SABER is a nonprofit organization created by the private sector to streamline information sharing with authorized government agencies and other entities for improved emergency management.
more information | news release (16 Oct 2018)
- IAEM-Oceania Partners in Preparedness Award and IAEM-Global Partners in Preparedness Award:
Marae Emergency Preparedness Project and Implementation Program, a partnership between the Bay of Plenty Civil Defence Emergency Management Group & Emergency Management Group and Te Puni Kokiri Ministry of Mãori Development.
more information | news release (18 Oct 2018)
- IAEM-USA Public Awareness Award: U.S. Marine Corps Emergency Management Branch for its Ready Marine Corps' 2017 National Preparedness Month Campaign. In 2017, Ready Marine Corps created highly successful outreach materials based on vintage Marine Corps recruiting imagery. These designs were used across digital and traditional platforms by Installations across the United States and in Japan. more information | U.S. Marine Corps announcement | news release (16 Oct 2018)
- IAEM-Oceania Public Awareness Award: Wellington Region Emergency Management Office (WREMO), New Zealand, for the Community Emergency Hub program and guide. more information | news release (18 Oct 2018)
- IAEM-USA Technology & Innovation Award: Chatham County (Georgia) Emergency Management for its use of technology to develop a social vulnerability analysis to prioritize potential damage assessment areas. news release (16 Oct 2018)
USA-Only Awards Competition
- IAEM-USA Clayton R. Christopher Memorial Award (USA only): Phyllis A. Little, Director, Cullman County (Alabama) Emergency Management Agency. news release (25 Oct 2018)
- The Inaugural IAEM-USA Emergency Manager of the Year Award: Andrea E. Davis, CEM, MPH, CEM, Director, Global Crisis Management, The Walt Disney Company. news release (25 Oct 2018)
- IAEM-USA Emergency Management Volunteer of the Year Award: Brian Scroggins, Chair of the Southern Nevada VOAD for providing many hours and exceptional assistance to emergency managers across all mission areas, most notably during his efforts related to the tragedies surrounding the Oct. 1, 2017, shootings in Las Vegas, Nevada, and his exceptional contributions across the full spectrum of emergency management both before, during, and after the Route 91 Harvest Festival. news release (17 Oct 2018)
- IAEM-USA Uniformed Services Award Winners: news release (15 Oct 2018)
- IAEM-USA Military Uniformed Services Emergency Manager of the Year Award:
LCDR Richard A. Mach, U.S. Coast Guard
- IAEM-USA Civilian Uniformed Services Emergency Manager of the Year Award:
Zachary H. Pickett, U.S. Coast Guard
- IAEM-USA Uniformed Services Auxiliary Member of the Year Award:
Mark Stone, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
- IAEM-USA Student Award Winners:
IAEM-USA Student of the Year:
Israel Estrada, University of New Haven, West Haven, Connecticut | news release (17 Oct 2018)
- IAEM-USA Student Chapter of the Year:
Millersville University, Millersville, Pennsylvania | news release (17 Oct 2018)