Call for Speakers for EMvision Talks opens Mar. 30, 2015
The IAEM Conference Committee is thrilled to announce an exciting new conference initiative on the plenary stage — EMvision Talks. The Talks are modeled on the well-known TED™ Talk format and are a new way to communicate thought leadership in emergency management. View the EMvision Talk Speaker Guidance for complete details and requirements. The top selected speaker as voted by the audience will win a complimentary registration to the IAEM 2016 Annual Conference & EMEX, to be held in Savannah, Georgia. Submit your EMvision Talk submission. View the Speaker Guidelines page for pertinent information.
Do you like networking and meeting new people? Are you an IAEM member in good standing? Have you been to an IAEM Annual Conference before? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then joining the IAEM Ambassador program is for you. Back by popular demand, the IAEM-USA Conference Committee is delighted to bring the IAEM Ambassador program to Clark County!
Throughout the week, there will be IAEM members serving as ambassadors to help tailor your conference experience in Clark County, answer your questions about the conference, and tell you about some of the great things going on during the 63rd IAEM Annual Conference and EMEX. Ambassadors can easily be identified by their “Ambassador” buttons.
Interested in becoming an Ambassador for the conference? Check out the Ambassador Program Online Orientation PowerPoint. Read it, and complete the online survey. We will contact you. Serving as an Ambassador is a great way to network at a higher level during the conference, while assisting your fellow attendees. If you have questions, read through the presentation first. If you still have questions, email Susamma Seeley, IAEM-USA Conference Committee Chair, or Noël Kepler, Conference Committee Hospitality Lead.
Need Help Getting Approval to Attend the IAEM 2015 Annual Conference?
Getting approval to attend an educational conference can be challenging. It is important to ensure that you are getting the best value for your dollar and that your employer knows that too.
To assist in getting approval, download our sample letter to your supervisor that you can customize to help build your case for attending. You can also download an invitation from IAEM CEO Beth Armstrong requesting your presence at IAEM 2015 — the leading emergency management event of the year!
Benefits of Conference Attendance
- Education and Training:
- Best value for obtaining/learning new skillsets
- Learn best practices from the field’s most respected speakers
- Hear lessons learned from actual disasters
- Earn certificates of attendance for EMI training courses and conference sessions
- Collaboration: Improve job proficiency through critical information sharing with other emergency management professionals in all levels of government, private sector, public health and related professions with more than 2,500 participants.
- Host private meetings and training sessions for your specific group
- Attend private meetings and training sessions specific to your group
- Hands-On Training: Pre/Post-Conference Training Courses from EMI, NDPTC, EMAP, Naval Post Graduate School and much, much more! Plus CEM®/AEM certification program offerings!
- Products and Services: EMEX 2015 will showcase the industry's best technologies, products and services.
- Return on Investment: The attendee overtly and intuitively gains knowledge with attendance.
Conference Committee Newsletter
Find out what is going on at this year's annual conference:
Annual Conference Staff Guidelines
Breakout Speaker Information
Are you thinking about submitting for a breakout session, or have you been selected as a speaker for a breakout session at the IAEM 63rd Annual Conference? View the Speaker Guidelines page for pertinent information.
The IAEM Annual Conference provides a forum to discuss current trends and topics, share information about the latest tools and technology in emergency management and homeland security, and advance the work of IAEM. Conference sessions encourage stakeholders at all levels of government, the private sector, public health and related professions to exchange ideas and collaborate to protect lives and property from disaster.
The goal of the IAEM Annual Conference is to improve your knowledge, competency level and collaborative skills. IAEM-USA accomplishes this by attracting relevant and high-profile speakers to address current topics and practical solutions. In addition to this annual event, IAEM’s Emergency Management & Homeland Security Expo (EMEX), draws a myriad of exhibitors who are the top suppliers to the fields of disaster preparedness and homeland security.
- Emergency management decision-makers
- Homeland security officials
- Local, state, federal, NGO, tribal, or private sector emergency managers
- Business continuity planners
- First responder coordinators
- Medical/hospital emergency managers
- Private sector industry risk managers
- Contingency planners
- University/college emergency managers
- Educators in the field of emergency management/homeland security
Need Information from a Previous IAEM Annual Conference?
Future IAEM Annual Conferences