Home | Program | Speakers | Hotels & Travel | Sponsors | Registration is live! | FAQs
IAEM-Canada 2018 Emergency Management Leadership and Innovation Conference
Click on any question below to see its answer.
FAQ Questions & Answers
- What are the official dates of the conference?
June 5-6, 2018. View full program for more information.
- Where is the conference located?
The conference will take place in Calgary, Alberta. The session rooms will be located in the Bow Building. The address for the Bow Building is 500 Centre St S, Calgary, AB T2G 0E3
- Who should attend the IAEM-Canada 2018 Emergency Management Leadership and Innovation Conference?
- Emergency management and related professionals.
- Public and private stakeholders in emergency management.
- How do I register?
Click on the Register Now button on the Registration page, and follow the instructions provided.
- What is the registration fee and what is included?
Registration fees vary based on your membership status and when you register. Please visit our Registration page for more details on fees and what is included.
- Do I need to pay at the time of registration?
Yes. In order to pay for the registration, you must have a valid credit card. Once you have completed the registration process and received a registration number, you will receive a registration confirmation by email that will include a receipt of the transaction.
- How can I take advantage of the early bird rate?
In order to lock in your registration rate at the early bird rate, you must complete an online registration and payment by May 24, 2018, for registrations received at IAEM Headquarters. Registration fees increase as of May 25, 2018.
- What if I am only attending one day?
We have discounted registration rates available for individual days. View our registration fee schedule for more information.
- How do I add a training course to my registration?
- Go here. All pre-conference sessions as well as optional events have an additional fee on top of the conference registration fee.
- In the middle of this page, click the “Register Online Here” link.
- Select “IAEM-Canada 2018 Emergency Management Leadership and Innovation Conference” by clicking on the Register for this meeting link.
- If you are an IAEM member, click the word “here” to log in using your username and password. Non-members proceed to Primary Registrant Information section.
- Complete the registrant information. If you are attending the IAEM-Canada 2018 Conference, complete the first page entirely, click “Continue Registration,” On the next page, click on “add/edit events for your registration,” select the training course or event you wish to attend by putting a 1 in the ticket column.
- I already registered, and I want to edit my registration or add a training course or event to my registration. How do I accomplish that?
- Go here.
- Click on the log-in option: “Members and non-members may edit their online meeting registration by clicking here to log in.”
- Enter the user name and password that is included on your registration confirmation.
- Then click on “View your registration”
- To add or edit your events, click on “Add/Edit Events” at the top right side of the page, and then click “Add/Edit events for YOUR NAME registration.”
- Select the event(s) you wish to add by adding a “1” in the ticket column.
- To complete your update, click "Continue Registration" and then "Submit Registration" at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an updated registration confirmation by email.
- How do I obtain an official receipt and/or Invoice?
Go here, enter your user name and password which is included in your email confirmation, and then click on the invoice number to print either your invoice and/or receipt.
- Who can I contact with registration questions or issues?
Please contact Sharon Kelly, IAEM Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I make a hotel reservation?
Visit our Hotels & Travel page for hotel reservation information and per diem rates.
- Will there be shuttle service from the airport?
Visit our Hotels & Travel page for information on transportation options within Calgary during the conference.
- What meals are included in my registration?
Your registration includes lunch on June 7 and June 8, as well as beverages and snacks during conference breaks. For more about what is included in your registration, click here.
- What do I do if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
You must complete the question on the first page of your registration form, identifying your food allergy or dietary restriction needs. Confirmation of your specific dietary needs will be included with your registration materials. If you already registered, but did not identify your food allergy or dietary restriction needs, please update your registration now. (Instructions for updating this information are included in your registration confirmation email).
- What is the recommended attire?
- "Business casual" is appropriate attire for most scheduled events.
- Dress for the pre-conference reception on June 6 in "dressy casual" (casual button-down shirt, open collar or optional tie; dress, skirt and blouse, pants and blouse).
- Who can I contact for more information?