IAEM-USA Region 2 Meeting & Roundtable Discussion
Friday, May 5, 2016
IAEM-USA Region 2, in partnership with the 2016 New Jersey Emergency Preparedness Conference, will host a meeting and roundtable discussion on Friday May 6, 2016.
About the Roundtable Discussion
The roundtable discussion will be on the topic of fostering collaborative response and recovery efforts among the many agencies in the New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania tristate region. The roundtable discussion will focus on regional needs related to preparedness, mutual aid, training and community outreach. It is our hope that this will be the beginning of an ongoing dialogue towards finding positive solutions to our shared challenges.
IAEM-USA Region 2 Schedule
- IAEM-USA Region 2 will hold its regional meeting at 10:30 a.m., May 6, 2016.
- At noon all Region 2 members are invited to a complimentary lunch at Carmine’s. Reserve your place at lunch online.
- The roundtable discussion will begin at 1:30 p.m.
About the New Jersey Emergency Preparedness Association (NJEPA) Annual Conference
The IAEM-USA Region 2 meeting and roundtable discussion will be held in conjunction with the New Jersey Emergency Preparedness Association (NJEPA) Annual Conference. The conference takes place from Monday, May 2 through Friday May 6, 2016, at the Tropicana Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Those attending the roundtable and meeting are encouraged to register for the conference at www.njepa.org.
- Each year the NJEPA Conference provides attendees with access to hard-to-get, cost-effective training and certifications. A variety of training opportunities are available to emergency responders, both public and private, to enhance response capabilities. This year the University of Hawaii and TEEX will be providing hard-to-find courses.
- This year’s NJEPA Conference keynote speaker will be Philadelphia Fire Commissioner Derrick J.V. Sawyer. Fire Commissioner Sawyer is a 30-year veteran who leads the 5th largest fire and emergency services department in the country.
- There will be breakout sessions focused on educating first responders in drug recognition. There will be an overnight shelter exercise to educate emergency personnel on shelter management issues. Other topics include sessions on Reinventing Your Continuity of Operation Planning, the 2015 Baltimore Protests, First Responder Suicide, and Navigating the Labyrinth of Hoarding.
- The NJEPA Conference is one of the largest emergency management partnership events in the Mid-Atlantic region. Nearly 1,500 emergency management professionals from both the public and private sectors are expected. With more than 33 training courses and 45 breakout sessions. The conference also will feature more than 100 exhibitors providing display of emerging technology and resources to aid emergency responders meet the challenges of disaster response and recovery operations.