IAEM-USA Region 9
NOTE: IAEM member privacy is an IAEM priority. Members may use the IAEM Directory to access regional officer phone numbers and addresses. Search now.
Carolyn J. Harshman, MPA, CEM
IAEM-USA Region 9 President
President, Emergency Planning Consultants
San Diego, California
IAEM-USA Region 9 Vice President
Coconino County Office of Emergency Management
Region 9 includes: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, and the Pacific Trust Territories, including American Samoa, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands.
Region 9 Documents
Region 9 Monthly Reports
Region 9 News
- Results of Region 9 Officers Election (13 Oct 2017) Carolyn Harshman, MPA, CEM, was reelected as Region 9 President, and Todd Whitney was elected as Region 9 Vice President, in the election ending Oct. 13, 2017.
- Leslie Luke to Serve as Region 9 Vice President (27 Feb 2016) Leslie Luke, Deputy Director, Los Angeles County Office of Emergency Management, has accepted an appointment as Vice President of Region 9. He was appointed by Region 9 President Carolyn Harshman.
- Results of IAEM-USA Officers Election and Bylaws Vote (05 Nov 2015) The IAEM-USA Region 9 officers election and bylaws vote ended on Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2015, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time. Carolyn Harshman, MPA, CEM, was elected as Region 9 President and will take office at the IAEM 2015 Annual Conference. The two Region 9 Bylaws amendments were approved, and the final version has been posted.
- IAEM-USA Region 9 Participates in IAEM-USA Sponsorship of FIRST® LEGO® League (06 Nov 2013) IAEM-USA is proud to be a Sponsor of FIRST® LEGO® League, and encourages all IAEM-USA members to get involved in developing tomorrow’s technology leaders today! In the 2013 NATURE’S FURY? Challenge, over 200,000 children ages 9 to 16* from over 70 countries will explore the awe-inspiring storms, quakes, waves and more that we call natural disasters. Teams will discover what can be done when intense natural events meet the places people live, work, and play.
Members are being asked to speak to the team members, give tours of their EOC's or other requested activities. Region 9 has received several of these requests and we are asking Region 9 members to support the project. Please contact Region 9 Vice President Carolyn Levering if you would like to participate. We have received requests from the following areas:
- Thousand Oaks, CA
- Clovis, CA
- Costa Mesa, CA
- East Sacramento, CA
- Modesto, CA
- South Los Angeles, CA
- Cerritos, CA
- Tucson, AZ
- Huntington Beach, CA
More information can also be found at these sites:
FIRST® LEGO® League Nature's Fury Challenge
IAEM Bulletin, October 2013, page 2
Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and willingness to participate!
- IAEM-USA Officers Election Results (07 Oct 2013) The IAEM-USA Region 9 officers election closed at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Pacific time, Friday, Oct. 4, 2013. A total of 97 Region 9 members voted in this election. Nick Crossley, CEM, was elected as IAEM-USA Region 9 President, and Carolyn Levering, CEM, was re-elected as IAEM-USA Region 9 Vice President. New USA regional officers will take office at the IAEM 2013 Annual Conference, Oct. 25-20, 2013, Reno, Nevada.
News Archive: 2011-2013