IAEM Integrated Student Region
This region was established in 2017 to serve student members located in these IAEM Councils:
Asia, Europa, Latin America & the Caribbean, Oceania, and International.
Cédric J. Andriamady, CEM
Cédric is also Vice President of the IAEM-Global Student Council Board.
Regional Vice President
Michael is also Social Media Correspondent for the IAEM-Global Student Council.
If you are a Student member of IAEM in the Asia, Europa, Latin America & the Caribbean, Oceania, or International Councils, please contact the regional officers if you are interested in becoming active in the work of the IAEM Integrated Student Region.
IAEM Integrated Student Region News
IAEM-GSC Call for Entries in the 2017 IAEM Global Student Council Essay Competition. Deadline: Aug. 1, 2017.
- Registration Is Now Open for the IAEM 2017 Annual Conference (22 June 2017) Discover for your yourself why the IAEM Annual Conference is consistently described as the premiere emergency management event of the year! Register today and save up to $100 off your registration fee for the 65th IAEM Annual Conference & EMEX in Long Beach, California, Nov. 10-15, 2017. Complete details, including the online program and video highlights from the 2016 IAEM Annual Conference, can be found at www.iaemconference.info.
- IAEM Student Member Annual Conference Registration Fee Stipend (10 May 2017) IAEM Headquarters is maintaining a list of IAEM members who have a current student membership and wish to be considered for a student registration fee stipend in the amount of $300 (early bird rate) which can be used towards either the registration fee or to help support travel expenses to attend the IAEM 2017 Annual Conference in Long Beach, California. Students should email their interest to be considered for the registration fee stipend lottery to IAEM Membership Manager Sharon Kelly at email@example.com, no later than Monday, Sept. 18, 2017, along with the following information: your name, your complete contact information, and the university that you are attending.
Notifications will be sent via email by Sept. 22, 2017. If selected, in order to claim the stipend, you will be required to do the following:
- Complete an online registration form and obtain a registration number no later than October 6, 2017. In the payment section please select “pay by check” and then complete the registration process. If selected the funds will be posted to your registration once the conference has concluded. You can pay for any additional registration fees once the payment has been posted to your record. You will receive an email letting you know how much you owe if you have a remaining balance due.
- Notify IAEM headquarters by email that you will accept the stipend by October 4, 2017. Your acceptance must include your conference registration number and proof of registration for the Fall 2017 semester (or equivalent) at your University. This can be a copy of your class schedule, university proof of enrollment, etc.
- Participate in a group picture during the Annual Conference (date, time and location to be determined). You will receive from IAEM HQ a reimbursement form to complete and return to IAEM staff for processing.
- Attend the Student Council Meeting at the Annual Conference (see conference program for details).
Reminder: IAEM student members can sign up as conference staff during the online registration process to help work off / reduce your registration fee. This is a great opportunity to get involved, support the overall mission of the conference, all while networking with other emergency management professionals. Conference staff will receive a $25 registration fee discount for each hour worked. You will not be compensated for any hours worked which exceed the value of the registration fee, nor will you be compensated if you are unable to work the hours assigned to you.