back to IAEM Awards home page
Call for Nominations:
2018 IAEM-USA Emergency Management Volunteer Awards
The IAEM-USA Emergency Management Volunteer Awards recognize the contributions of volunteers who assist emergency managers in the United States.
Volunteerism in emergency management has always been part of the framework and fabric for the successful employment of integrated emergency management across the nation. Thousands of volunteer hours are provided annually to assist emergency managers across the spectrum of the emergency management mission areas. Without the support of volunteers, the field of emergency management would not be as capable and responsive as it is today.
2018 Awards Guidelines
Award Descriptions and Eligibility Criteria
IAEM-USA Emergency Management Volunteer of the Year Award
- This award will recognize the services of a single individual who made extraordinary emergency management volunteer contributions during the 2017 calendar year.
- The nomination must be for an individual who participates as an active volunteer within a recognized emergency management volunteer organization.
- The individual recognized should have demonstrated exceptional contributions across the full spectrum of emergency management.
IAEM-USA Voluntary Organization of the Year Award
- This award will recognize the services of a U.S. voluntary organization that made extraordinary emergency management contributions during the 2017 calendar year.
- The voluntary organization must be recognized by IAEM and or FEMA as an emergency management organization (MOU, other acknowledgements) and/or be listed as a national member on the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD) website.